Tidbits, August 12, 2013

I just needed a good picture.

I've been fascinated by blacksmiths my entire life. This guy has too.


I don't get a good feel for the universe. It just seems too … big … for my brain. These guys think this picture helps. I didn't think so, but you might.

3-D Cosmic Map Helps You Wrap Your Brain Around the Universe’s Weirdness

 


There are a lot of sources for the date of the next iPhone. I'm not sure I care anymore. My date is sometime in October, when my plan is up.

Next iPhone coming Sept. 10, sources say

 


I'm still looking for the next phone. This review helps, a little.

Motorola Moto X

 


I haven't yet found any tech that helps me live healthier. Movement required, and push-backs from the table. Those I have trouble with, and no amount of tech (besides a killer robot) will help me with that one!

Tech That Helps Me With Healthy Living

 


Oatmeal. Check. Blueberries. Check. Coffee? No, not really. Red wine? Hey, wait a minute here! What kind of list is this?

19 superfoods for your heart

 


You don't have to read this one. The "crazy way" is some kind of acupuncture with electricity. That seems like it might deactivate a lot of things!


I agree with the author on this one. It's good to play a game that lasts only a few hours and then ends. Not like that stupid Candy Crush or Angry Birds or Skyrim. Wait. I really like Skyrim. Okay, so maybe some games should last longer…

Forget ‘Addictive.’ Give Me a Game That Only Lasts Three Hours



I wasn't interested in this game at all. Then I read this review. It's a great review. I'm still not interested in the game. If you want you can read through to the last couple paragraphs and you'll see why. Idiots.

Review: 'Dragon’s Crown' game a rough diamond

 

This is when we should have started all that conservation stuff. I wonder what we'll be saying in 150 years.

A 12,000-Year-Old Loss Still Stings

 

And these guys think they know. As a Futurist I can assure you that most of these are sheer speculation and extrapolation. They might be on target

What Will the World Be Like 150 Years from Now?



Of course it does! Mystery surrounds all those Egyptian things! I do love archaeology.

Mystery surrounds Egyptian sphinx unearthed in Israel


I even love archaeology when it is on another planet. That's essentially what our rovers are doing. C'mon, think about it. A hundred years ago we never would have thought we'd have robots on another planet! (Go back and look at those predictions, though. I won't be able to say the same thing in 150 years if we have habitations on other planetary bodies!)

Mars rover Curiosity celebrates 1 year on Red Planet



I don't normally like the articles that say they can make your computer faster. They are usually - the word idiotic comes to mind. This one is pretty good advice, though.

5 simple steps to a faster computer

 

So this is why all my computer cables go bad after a while. Worth a watch and goes along with how to use that tape to make more accurate holes. Did you see that one?

That’s Not How You Use That: Coiling a Cable

 


That's my list. I love the lists these guys put together, too.

Tasty Tech Eye Candy of the Week (August 10)


Oh, and I can't forget the best post ever made by Wil Wheaton. The Return of the Hoverhand.

 

Comments

  1. wish I would have known about your interest in blacksmiths years ago, I would have taken you to my Grandma Hunt's place and showed you my grandfathers blacksmith shop, he had passed away many years before but the bellows still laid on the cold forge, hammers and tongs atop the well worn anvil and the horseshoes he fashioned were hanging on square headed nails along the beams. the shop has long since been torn down, but the tools of his trade are stored in my aunts shed..it was always a dream of mine to display them in a sort of mini museum to honor his memory....someday....wish you could have seen it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles