Why I want to be President - West Wing

Darling and I are binge watching West Wing. The show forces me to view political liberals in a new light, and gives me some insight into what liberals think of conservatives. I am not sure if the characterizations are always correct, but it does make me ponder.

I ponder what the American people think.

Betrayed.

Our government uses statistics and news services like a great chef uses a fillet knife. When the government is finished, we have no idea what the real food was; we only know what they served us.

We, the people, need real people in the House, in the Senate and in the White House. We need brilliant, capable minds in the Supreme Court. We might have the latter. I'm no longer sure of the former.

I am afraid, as are most of we, the people, that our representatives are self-serving politicians who make laws for us that we don't understand but that somehow better the circumstances of the governing.

From watching the primaries, I am afraid that all it takes to become President in the United States of America is a huge ego and an extreme amount of money, neither of which I have, nor do I want.

We used to be Of the People, By the People and For the People.

I love this country. The government is what concerns me. I think many people feel this way. We see strife and division driving a government and budget out of control. Lincoln said "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

I would want to be President to return sanity and the common man to the seat of the Office that is supposed to look out for all us. We need to heal our divisions and find unity amidst our dissensions.

Our Founding Fathers did it once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles