His Will, His Way



We want God's will, in God's way
In every step, in every day
Yet to know we do not stray
We must engage ourselves to pray



Sometimes we must stand aside and let God work.

"He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'" (Psalm 46:10 NIV)

In our urgency to act, to assist God, we can muddy the waters and interrupt God's work - in ourselves or others.

Other times we must clear the way for God's work.

"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12 NIV)

Most people prefer this call to action, yet we mustn't simply charge in and do what we think God's will is. He has a plan, and we must be in the center of it.

To know when to be still, when to act or how to act, we must pray.  "Rejoice always, pray continually" (1 Thess 5:16-17 NIV)

Getting to know God intimately helps us recognize His voice. "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--" (John 10:14 NIV)

Let us pray.

Dear Lord, we praise you in all things, remembering that you are the infinite God of the Universe, the King of all creation, the Author of all good things. You are the Messiah and you love us enough that you died to pay the price for our sins. Thank you. We know we fail. We know we fall. Thank you for picking us up. Thank you for loving us. We're sorry for our sin, and with the help of your Grace will endeavor to sin no more and avoid the near occasion of sin. We lift our prayers to you and ask You to watch over us and all those we love. We ask for healing, for wisdom, for peace that passes all understanding and we know that You are faithful and never leave us or forsake us. Show us Your Will, and place us in Your Way. Amen

Comments

  1. The essence of God's will is being one with Him and living as Jesus lived.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles