Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hunting August Moon - An Anecdotal Tale

An Anecdotal Tale
Greetings!
Thank you for purchasing Hunting August Moon. I hope you enjoyed it!
Would you please take a few minutes and write a review? I would appreciate it, and it gives other potential readers the correct guidance for purchasing the book. Please be nice, but certainly be honest.
Just a quick finale on the book, an anecdotal tale about writing it!
I have been writing for half a century now, yet only with the advent of self-publishing does my work become available to you, the reader.
Ideas are easy, really. The hard work is writing. If you are working on your novel, you know that. Keep going. The first book is hardest.
The idea for this book was from a (too-expensive) class I took on self-publishing. They told us to write something that people were interested in - that readers google a lot. (Google is a verb now, right?)
So I did that. My working title for this book came from my analysis in July, 2013 of the top Google searches.
Zombie Apocalypse: Vampire Raiders of Las Vegas was born. Most of the plot sprang to my mind immediately, even with some of the twists you encountered. Other parts changed in the year of writing it. Not one person in my group of encouragers said I should keep the working title. I wanted to, sort of. I still think it was a great title.
At some point in the writing process I changed the title to Wendigo Hunters: Revelations. The problem with that one is obvious (in retrospect). Every person I asked said "Yes, that's cool. What's a wendigo?"
Hunting August Moon is a much better title (although I still like the original one).
I don't yet have a title for the second book of The Immortality Elixir Series, but the cast will return and the plot thickens as the future of the world changes, shaped by the people from Selah Ranch. I was thinking of Zombie Apocalypse: Werewolf Invaders of New York. What do you think?
I expect Tales of the Wendigo Hunters will be another book giving more details of August, Lone Wolf and Claire and their early adventures, before this book. And, of course, keep an eye out for Red Fae. She's too good not to have her own book.
Thanks for reading!
-vince
Nov, 2015
~oo~

Author commentary on Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment