C is a Big Letter

A grade of C is acceptable in school, but not outstanding. Still, a steady grade of C will get you graduated from any school. Toss a few higher grades in there and you are in good company with most of the educated world.


The letter C starts a lot of good words: compassionate, caring, cute, cautious, capable… I could come up with more if I went and read through a dictionary (which is what I usually do when I try to alliterate).
But when the C stands for Cancer, we all get frightened.
Darling had a biopsy earlier this week. She has a suspicious lump in her right breast. The results came back today and she has breast cancer.

She is frightened.
We’re both frightened, but she hides it better.
I don’t know what the procedure is for all this, and neither does she. We’re going to learn though.
We do know that next week she talks to a surgeon. After that, we only know one thing for sure.
God is in control. He is always in control.
That’s an easy thing to hang on to, but doesn’t really keep us from being frightened.
I’m not sure what to do for her, except be here. I can do that.
C also stands for commitment and consistent.


Again, this isn’t the planned post, but you can understand the stress at this moment, so we’ll let it slide. It’s my blog, after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles