Five Squared Bonus

Ralph Waldo Emerson said "Shallow men believe in luck...strong men believe in cause and effect."

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. What are you doing now? What results do you want? Make a plan from that. Work backwards and figure out what you need to do to get the results you want. God answers prayer, but He also imbued in each person strength and skill and will and spirit to accomplish things FOR God's people.



There is an old saying that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. That's good, short-term planning. Plant the seeds so you can have lemon trees in the future. That's long-term planning.


It isn't a Prime Day, it's a Square Day. Bonus Post!

Comments

  1. Why don't you have a creepy button? My friends just called me insane using the exact same definition that you just used. ^.^ JUST. As in, exactly one hour ago. I left my split peas on the stove and they bubbled over again, like they do EVERY SINGLE TIME I cook split peas.

    Two Dumas weekends, two insanity definitions. Our lives have become too parallel.

    Ordinarily, I would apply this post to my new resolution to improve my time management. I do need a plan to spend more time on homework and less with friends - I'm having too much fun. (Don't worry, my grades don't reflect it yet.) But there's so much to chew on in this post that I'm really going to enjoy the bonus post.

    Some things I'm taking away:

    (1) What should I be accomplishing?
    (2) What lemon trees should I be planting? And how?
    (3) Why is insanity the theme of the day?

    Because, dear father, if that's the definition of insanity, then I am most definitely insane. I hope God will take this into account when dealing with me and steer me toward safe and sane paths.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and I used to burn my peas every time I cooked them in college. Finally I just quit eating them. Saved a number of pots and pans, I'm sure.
    A separate email gives a more detailed response, Daughter Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles