SIRI - Absolutely, Positively Wrong the First Time

"Siri, call my wife"
I'm talking to my new iPhone 4S with the much-discussed Apple™ SIRI, personal assistant.
SIRI: I don't know who that is.
Of course. I'm supposed to define who my wife is.
"Siri, my wife is Darling."
There's a long pause on that one, so I know SIRI was listening intently and ruminating over a response that will make me deliriously happy. That's what Steve Jobs promised me.
SIRI: I don't know who you are.
I'm crushed. I don't even listen to the detailed instructions on how to define relationships by hand.

The other night I was half-asleep and it occurred to me that I needed to send a text to my youngest son. I don't need my glasses. I can get Siri to help me.
Hold the button. Little chimes.
"Send memo."
"I have found four memos in your immediate area."
Wow. Are they running loose? Do the owners know they got away? Is there a store for buying memos?

"Siri, who are you?"
SIRI: I am your personal digital assistant.
"Siri, tell me a joke."
SIRI: I am not good at punch lines.
"Siri, I really like you."
SIRI: I have heard that before.
Oh my. Was Siri jilted by a previous owner?

Maybe that's why Siri doesn't know who I am. Maybe that's a good thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles