Excuses for not Washing


Pastor Ron's sermon today was a continuation of "Back to the Basics." Last week he spoke about prayer, its importance to each of us and how to pray. Today he spoke about Fellowship, how and why we should do so.
One of the first things he covered was a list - the excuses people make for not washing.
10. I was forced to wash as a child.
9. People who wash are hypocrites; they think they are cleaner than everyone else.
8. There are so many different kinds of soap, I don't know which one to use.
7. I used to wash, but it got boring.
6. Washing on Christmas and Easter is enough.
5. None of my friends wash.
4. I'll wash when I get older, like when I retire.
3. I don't really have time to wash.
2. The bathroom is too cold in the winter and too warm in the summer to wash.
1. The people making soap are only out to get my money!

This list pretty much comprises the top ten reasons people give for not going to church.
(I confess I had to go to the Internet to find the list. I wasn't fast enough to write them down as Pastor Ron went through them. They are not exactly what he showed us, but they are close.)
Happy Sunday everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles