Fight Cancer

I originally posted this directly on Google+ on February 27, 2012. Darling and I talked about them again last night while eating dinner. We will never know how it turned out for the young couple.
As my Darling wife left MD Anderson she encountered a very young couple sitting on a bench outside. They were obviously distraught. The young wife and mother was just told she probably has only a year to live. My wife stopped and talked to them, prayed with them and told me this through tears as she drove home. She told me their names, and I wrote them down.
We know a woman who was given three months to live over thirty years ago. Cancer did not emerge a victor in her life.
We know another young woman who died after only a few months of Cancer, long painful months where it slowly destroyed her body. We don't know why. She left a husband and young daughter behind.
We believe that PEOPLE can make a difference. Out there, somewhere, may be the person who can find the cure. Many, many hospitals like MD Anderson seek a cure for Cancer. I don't know what else to say, except to ask everyone to think about donating to fight Cancer.
We also believe in the power of prayer. Donate or not, believe or not, would you take a moment to pray, whatever your concept of it, that God, whatever your concept of Him, would reach a Mighty Healing Hand and lift this disease from this young woman.
Cancer is such a terrible disease. There is very little any of us can do to combat it directly. Most of us are not doctors, most doctors are not researchers, most researchers don't study cancer. Yet everywhere I turn, everyone I talk to is somehow directly affected by Cancer.
Miracles can happen. I pray they do, in so many ways.
And to you, if you read this, God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles