Dark Clouds and Sequestration



Work seems tedious to me. Don't get me wrong - I like the paycheck and I still do a good-sized workload, especially now that the Sequestration tumbled the government expenditures.

Contracting companies like mine will certainly get hit hard by the government cost-cutting measures. Democrats blame Republicans. Republicans blame Democrats. The bottom line is that most of our representatives, regardless of their political affiliation, have forgotten what it means to be a normal US citizen. They forgot how hard it is to make a living in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
It does seem the government wants to step in and control more and more of what we do in our private lives. Gun control? Impossible - quit pandering to the supposed poll results and try to find something you can do to limit the danger to the citizens. Drones? Are you kidding me? Shades of Big Brother and Terminator. Irresponsible spending? I wasn't a big fan of Mr. Clinton, but at least the National Budget did better under his watch. At least I have some numbers for that latter opinion.
I include 2012 twice because the number differs in the federal document from the other web site. There is a lot of creative accounting in the federal world, I think.

Obama Deficits
FY 2013*: $901 billion
FY 2012: $1,089 billion
FY 2011: $1,300 billion
FY 2010: $1,293 billion

Bush Deficits
FY 2009†: $1,413 billion
FY 2008: $459 billion
FY 2007: $161 billion

I only include those headers because the web site had them. The note for 2009 stated that an argument could be made that the FY2009 should be Obama's as well. W did lose the election in 2008, didn't he? But I don't make a fuss over it because, frankly, the economy of this country has a huge rudder - the results of financial decisions might not appear for years or they might be immediate. 

~ (in billions also)
FY 2013 $901
FY 2012 $1,327 see above
FY 2011 $1,300
~
FY 2006 $248
FY 2005 $318
FY 2004 $412
FY 2003 $377
FY 2002 $158
FY 2001 -$128 The negative number indicates a NET positive SAVINGS!
FY 2000 -$236
FY 1999 -$126
FY 1998 -$63
FY 1997 $22
FY 1996 $107
FY 1995 $164


I don't know why I felt the need to post these numbers. A colleague of mine said she heard NPR state that Mr. Obama has spent less each year of his terms than W did his last term. Well, yeah, and the figures bear that out, but there's an old saying. "Figures don't lie, but liars can figure."  You have to look at all the numbers.
I truly dislike misleading statements. "Global warming is entirely a consequence of civilization; it's man-made." Numbers, people. In the mid-nineties scientists warned about an oncoming Ice Age. (Update: some articles do provide data, and that's what I like!) I'm looking for perspective. 

I remember this issue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles