What love is



Another one of those things I captured off the Internet but don't have the reference for it. I did have some thoughts, and those are in bold italics.

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think.
"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love." I'd say that certainly is love.
"When someone loves you, the way they say your name different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth." Priceless. Your name is safe in their mouth.
"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."  There's a lot of truth to this one, even if we don't want to admit it.
"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
"Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don't yell at them because you know it would hurt their feelings." Love and forgiveness definitely go hand-in-hand. There were times I forgot this one.
"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." And I forgot this one occasionally also.
"Love is when my Mommy makes coffee for my Daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." I like this one. I used to see my Mom do this for my Dad. Or maybe she just wanted some of his coffee.
"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more." Kissing is important. I forget this sometimes too.
"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen." So that's what that is. It's the same sound you hear when you're sitting with your dog on the back porch on a Michigan summer morning and watch the weeping willow sway in the cool breeze. Your dog looks at you, wags his tail and then puts his head back down on his front paws. For just a moment in time, life is perfect. There's a smell of spring in the air, a soft breeze, the dog's fur tickling against your arm.
"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate." Profound. Profound is hard.
"Love is hugging. Love is kissing. Love is saying no." Everyone should study the truths here.
"When you tell someone something bad about yourself and you're scared they won't love you anymore. But then you get surprised because not only do they still love you, they love you even more." Sometimes they don't and you know there is no real love there.
"There are two kinds of love, our love and God's love. But God makes both kinds of them." Amen.
"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it every day." That might be love, but it doesn't smell quite right.
"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well." Yes, that's love.
"My Mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night." Daddy's love you too. Don't forget that, please.
"Love is when Mom sees Dad smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford." The young Robert Redford.
"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day." Dogs know love.
"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." Sacrificial love.
"I let my big sister pick on me because my Mom says she only picks on me because she loves me. So I pick on my baby sister because I love her." We might want to rethink that one.
"Love cards like Valentine's cards say stuff on them that we'd like to say ourselves, but we wouldn't be caught dead saying."
"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." Maybe for a little while…
"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." And that's the best line of all. People forget.

I know this isn't a top-quality post, but some might make you think. Some might make you laugh. And some might make you tell your sweetheart that you love them. That's worth the two minutes to read it. God bless you all.

Comments

  1. Quality of the post was fine, Made me stop to appreciate the ones who love me in spite of myself and to remember to say and show them I love them, more than they know Thanks, ml

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very sweet to think so, Mary. Some made me realize where I did poorly in previous relationships. It's the last one that got me the most: People forget.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles