Happy Birthday, Dad!

Dad's high school photo

Today is my Dad's birthday.
He died in February, but he would have been 78 today. This is the first birthday that I cannot call him and wish him Happy Birthday.
I don't really know what to say about Dad. My brothers and I always laughed that you could introduce Dad to the President of the US and they'd be on a first name basis in ten minutes. Dad was easy-going and loved to laugh. He took many hardships without complaint, especially his failing health in the last months of his life. That was just the way he was.
(A deep and heartfelt thanks to my brothers Barry and Tim for being there for Dad during the bad times. You were great sons to Dad and you are great brothers.)
I'm grateful for the many good things that Dad did for me in life, and I smile at so many of the things he wanted to do for me. There are some stories there…
Dad had his flaws. He and I didn't always see eye-to-eye, that's for certain, but the bottom line is that he was my Dad.
I miss you Dad. Happy Birthday.

Dad looks happy. Tim looks bored.

Dad at 11 months


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles