Open For Business

The USA government shutdown is over and the debt ceiling raised with a bill that the President signed at the last minute last night.
Nothing was accomplished except headlines.
Millions of government workers will be paid again. The folks I work with at NASA should be shuffling out of their bedroom slippers, finally taking showers and be back in the office today.
But our government failed us. They did precisely what I said they would - they voted for a measure that simply pushes the problems into the not-so-distant future. All the issues will be visited again in January.
"We think that we'll be back here in January debating the same issues," John Chambers, managing director of Standard and Poor's rating service, told CNN on Wednesday night. "This is, I fear, a permanent feature of our budgetary process."
Oh, and the bill didn't just fund the government and raise the debt ceiling. In the short, 35-page bill were a few funded pet projects too.
Are you kidding me?
Okay, one of the provisions was that there will be no cost of living increase for members of Congress this year. That's good, right? It doesn't say they won't get a raise, though.
Clever.
Our government failed us. They did not resolve anything. Our country is insolvent and they play politics.

We should fire them all. I plan to. I'm not the only one.

Comments

  1. Fire them all, then make them have to come back and live like the rest of us....none of them have a clue as to what is going on in the real world....they let us know they are a few notches above us and know what is best for us....they've all risen above their raisin's....and that really irritates me....politics should no longer be a career.....don't get me started..!!! Think I will crawl back in my hole now and contemplate how I am going to pay my health insurance premium....the one I get to keep cause I like it (but the premium increased 20%)but I take comfort in knowing my government knows what is best for me.......thanks for your posts,,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles