Friday Fritters

We all know that JFK was assassinated fifty years ago (I won't even put a link - stories abound). It makes me feel old. Anyone alive can tell you where they were when they heard of the assassination, much like 9-11. I was a barely six and the lady who took care of me after kindergarten cried while she watched television. "The President died. Someone shot him." That's all we watched for days on our tiny television, in black and white.
"A second plane crashed into the Twin Towers." My company set a TV up in the lobby. We all watched, in color.
Some incidents shape our world.
Hug the ones you love.


PS4 or Xbox One? That's the current game console debate. I was wrong in my Wednesday post when I said they were both available. They are now, though. Bottom line? Wait a while if you can; prices will eventually go down for the consoles and the number of good games will go up. If you can't wait then you probably already have a preference. Wired has some good advice to help you decide if you need it.
I don't know much about Disney Infinite. Disney plans to release a sandbox designer tool for the iPad, if I read this article right. Since the app is free I might pick it up. I'll post more if I think it's worth the time.
Games that changed everything, at least according to Wired. Minecraft, of course - groundbreaking design idea. Bioshock - arguably the best (if not first) of the story-telling games. Angry Birds - an entire franchise. Braid? I've had Braid for years now and not played it. I guess I should. There are others listed here as well: Geometry Wars, Monster Hunters, Wii Sports (??), Portal, and Call of Duty 4. When it gets right down to it, though, it's a matter of taste. I would have listed Wasteland or the original Bard's Tale, but I'm much older than most of the Wired staff.
Speaking of taste, this one is just too gross. Really. I didn't even want to put the picture in the blog (but I did, didn't I?). This parasite crawls into the fish's mouth, and replaces the fish's tongue after eating it. Then they live harmoniously for a while. I couldn't even finish the article. It's breakfast time after all.
If you like numbers, there's been some buzz lately in the world of prime numbers. That's okay, it's a tough read.
I love these paintings that are so real they seem like photos. Amazing and awesome. I liked the one of Venice.

Just after work today Darling and I will go see the second movie in the Hunger Games trilogy. Catching Fire is getting rave reviews so far, even from people that don't usually like this type of show. May the odds be ever in your favor…

Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who, and I'm pretty happy about it. We've waited half a year for this. In the meantime, there were some ideas for Doctor Who that never fully materialized. If you're a fan of the Doctor, take a look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles