Anti-politics


I am not a Congressman. Sometimes I wish I were, but I think something happens to the good men and women who are sent to Washington DC by the people of this great country. I am afraid something changes them and they forget where they came from and what they were hired to do.

We usually say "elected," don't we? But think about that for a minute. We, the people of the United States of America, essentially hold job interviews and hire our Congressmen/women. We pay them a salary and expect them to do the job we hired them for.

Now I don't know about you, but if I were a boss and had an employee that didn't do what they were supposed to - well, I'd find a different employee.

Imagine this for a second. You're now part of the body of Congress and you have the chance to speak to your fellow delegates (your fellow employees of the USA citizens). Wouldn't you say something like this? I would.



There is not a person here who does not want a better, stronger United States of America. 

There is not a person here who does not believe he or she is doing what is best for the American people.

We might disagree what and we might disagree how.

We do not disagree where - here in the United States of America.

We do not disagree for whom - the American people, and we are their servants, not their masters.

We do not disagree why - for the betterment of this country, the people of this country, and, ultimately, the people of the world that we can help in humanitarian ways.

Yes, the problems are difficult, but we were hired to do a job, and we promoted our abilities to do so. We can resolve the problems if we work together.

No more infighting. We must find a way to get past ourselves and look for a shining future.

It's time to make this country better, not bitter.


One final word, and I'll end this odd post. If our Congressmen/women aren't doing what we need, they need to be replaced. They make good money. They need to earn it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles