A Walk Among The Tombstones (2014) - Review

Please don't go see A Walk Among The Tombstones.

I like movies. It's what we do. I like Liam Neeson, the main actor.

I like the books by Lawrence Block, who wrote the novel the movie is based on.

I'm sad that Liam Neeson was in this movie. The best actor in it was the young man who played TJ.

A Walk Among The Tombstones is a dark movie, unnecessarily dwelling on the dark aspects of humanity and depravity to a level of discomfort - and not simply to advance the plot.

The previews made me think this would be similar to Liam Neeson's previous thriller Taken, but it was not. Where Taken glanced at brutal aspects of the wickedness of humanity and returned to the plot of the movie, A Walk Among The Tombstones seems to revel in the scenes that should disturb people of good character. I hoped those scenes were an aberration and the movie would eventually focus on the plot.

They weren't and it didn't.

Don't give me blatherings about "artistic license" and "gritty realism" when you talk about this movie.

The bottom line is it was disturbing and bad and you're a better person if you don't see it.


I wish I hadn't. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles