Nutrisystem Tuesday - Day 2

For the morning I ate the honey-wheat bagel shipped by NS. I liked it, but I'm not including the butter that was on it. Darling buttered it or I'd HAVE To include the butter calories!




Had coffee also. Read some of Ecclesiastes in my Catholic Bible. Ecc 3:21 (NIV) says "Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?" The implication is that animals have spirits. Matthew Henry says the spirits of animals cease when they die, whereas the spirits of men are immortal. I'm not sure how Matthew Henry knows that, but it a reasonable explanation. UPDATE: There is a footnote saying the same thing in my Catholic Bible, so maybe it is from the Early Church Fathers?

That has nothing to do with my diet, but thought I'd toss it in there.

For lunch we searched through the incredible shipped box from NS and found...

Loaded Baked Potato! Ooooh. I like mashed potatoes and it looks similar.


Okay, let's cut to the chase here. This tasted ... adequate. I don't want to be negative, but that's not really one I want to repeat. We added a cup of cooked broccoli to it (the vegetable that SAVES this meal planning!). I also added some dill pickle slices. (Don't make that face - I do it all the time with regular baked potatoes.)

I'm beginning to think it might be better to craft meals based on store-bought meals/calories. At least I'd have more control over the taste.

So lunch didn't last us long, and we rummaged for snacks. The cheese puffs seemed like a good idea. Now, I don't normally eat cheese puffs, so they tasted okay to me. Darling was less than enthusiastic. At some point after that we split a coke. It's worth the calories to me. I'm trying to figure out how to make that one of my favorites.


At dinner I couldn't take it any longer and I threw the Red Baron pizza into the oven. You know what? I could afford the calories! So based on a calorie count, I'm still doing okay for the day.



I need to increase my water intake, but this isn't such a bad experience so far.

Of course, I don't think they planned on the Red Baron pizza thing.


We had a half cup of that Dannon Greek yogurt, the black cherry flavor. I really like that stuff. I added it in.

Then we walked for 1.17 miles in 24 minutes and 12 seconds. The time doesn't count, because Darling took pictures of the sunset colors as we walked through the neighborhood.



So my summary for the day still isn't bad.



More to come.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles