Roman Road to Ecuador

In my post four years ago, I noted that the Romans built about 50,000 miles of road. I'm certain none of them were in Ecuador. We're off on a mission trip to Manta, Ecuador.

Manta, Ecuador

Our group leader from the church gave us what we need to use in our home visits there, including The Roman Road. His differed somewhat from the verses Ron Hindt gave us four years ago, but the message remains the same.

Rom 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Rom 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 10:9-10
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Rom 10:13
for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Eternal salvation, our afterlife, is not dependent on anything we do, but only on what God did for us, as Jesus Christ. Recognize that, accept the gift of salvation and have a living, active relationship with Jesus Christ.

For me, I did nothing but make a mess of my life for decades. There is incredible peace in finally acknowledging I have no control over life, and having the faith that God does. I still have my dark days, my bad moments, but at least I know where I should be looking.

So, off to Ecuador. The itinerary looks grueling, so I'll be praying for strength the entire time.

... and hoping we have siesta times!

Notes (all verses are NIV)
The verses Ron Hindt gave us were as follows:
Rom 3:10, Rom 3:23, Rom 5:21, Rom 6:23, Rom 10:9

Rom 3:10
As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one;

Rom 5:21
so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles