Starbound - Stepped Up Casual Gaming

December 24, 2016 - and Merry Christmas Eve to everyone!


As you are no doubt aware, I am a gamer. I was a gamer before it was a cool thing. We hid in darkened rooms with our Commodore 64 machines and played Bard's Tale (the original - what a rush). We upgraded to the Amiga and slobbered over the fabulous graphics, but still fell back to the game play of King's Quest. I could make a list - and I think I did once. I'll post it if I find it.


One of my all-time favorite games was Darklands, and if you ever played it - welcome, my friend! I still have the original disks, box and game book for that one. I also have a CD with the final released version of the game.

Now I play Skyrim and Fallout - and it won't be many years until we are all playing true VR games. Not quite the holodeck, but we're getting there.

We played World of Warcraft for over a decade, but it grew old and stale (sorry, Blizzard) and we left and never really returned.

We play Minecraft, and I have some posts on that. Darling has created amazing worlds in Minecraft, so a huge thank you to Notch for developing that game.

We played Terraria on the plane back from Africa a few years ago. My iPad managed to play it for hours (thank goodness, since the flight was over thirty hours to get home).


Now there's Starbound, which is likely to win the “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” and it's true! So if you play on Steam, go grab this one. It's only ten bucks. 
You can play on Survival mode


So I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. 


but even casual mode is cool.

Christmas is my favorite holiday - because He came to Earth knowing He was heading for the cross, and He did it for me - and for everyone.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

That's the true gift of Christmas, and I wish it for everyone.

But Starbound could make a pretty nice present, too. Go have a look.

God bless you all, and thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles