Memorial Day


Sagemont Church planted 38,000 flags in remembrance of all the fallen soldiers from Texas.

I helped put a few flags out. It was my honor to do so.

Memorial Day is not a holiday celebrated by those in uniform, as Colonel Allen Orr reminded us during church service yesterday.

It is a day to remember with gratitude the men and women who sacrificed their lives in service to us, their fellow countrymen.

It is a day to honor those among us who still strive to provide the peace our country needs: those in the military, those in the civil uniforms of police and fire, and those who teach the next generation of United States citizens.

For me it is a day to thank most members of my family.
My Great Uncle Jerry, who also served in WWII (and met his bride in England).
My Great Uncle Dwight, who served with him.
My Great Uncle Floyd.
Grandpa Comfort, who was in the Air Force in WWII.
Grandpa Mac and Grandma Jen, who both served in WWII.
Mom, in the Navy when I was born.
Dad, a Navy Corpsman my entire growing life, retiring in 1972. He was in Viet Nam in 1968, the year the Tigers won the pennant.
My brother Barry who served in the Navy, then in the other branches in the Reserves. Also, he served for over twenty years as a teacher for the young minds that will someday (soon) rule this nation.
My brother David, an Air Force officer, both here and abroad.
My baby brother Tim who also served in the Air Force. God rest his soul.
Three of my wife's brothers who served during the Viet Nam conflict, and in country as well. They all came back.
If I forgot anyone, it isn't intentional.

God bless you all.
God bless America.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles