The Last Interview

Dr Bailey Smith spoke at Sagemont today.

Most people are familiar with the parable of the wheat and tares. If not, read Matthew 13:24-30 before we begin.
Jesus told them another parable: The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ ‘An enemy did this,’ he replied. The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ ‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.

 Pastor Smith commented before the heart of his message that the Bible is not only the word of God, but words that came directly from the lips of Jesus, like this parable.

Years ago Pastor Smith asked Rev. Billy Graham why he spoke so often of "the unsaved church member." Rev Graham said because he once was one, and because it is the greatest mission field available to American churches.

After all, a good fake must be indistinguishable from the real thing.

What a great trick of Satan, placing the lost among the saved - and convincing them they are saved!

But commitment to the church is not commitment to Jesus.

Satan doesn't try to convince good people to do bad things.
Good works are not salvation.
Good beliefs are not salvation. You can believe in soap and still stink.
Good people are not automatically saved.

Ninety-nine percent saved is 100% lost.

You might have made a false decision. "I should go forward so I won't go to Hell."
You might have false assurance. "I remember your baptism, son, so you're saved."

You're saved by Jesus, by His grace alone.

When you're standing before God at your last interview, He won't ask your parents, your friends, your family or anyone else how you did. 

In your last interview, God will ask one question.

Do you know my Son, Jesus?

Look at your heart NOW. Is Jesus there, or is it you?

Dear God in Heaven, I acknowledge my sins to you, and I'm sorry for them. Please forgive me of my sin. I want to be saved. Jesus I trust in what you did upon the cross for my salvation. Thank you Jesus for saving me. Please come into my heart and become Lord of my life. Amen.

Follow up with your church and baptism.

Be ready for your last interview.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles