What about you?

Some objectors to Christianity express concern about the "other people" in the world, whether it is "the man on the mountaintop" or just those who never have the chance to hear the Gospel of Jesus.

"So what is God going to do about them?" they ask. "Is a loving God going to condemn people to Hell who never had the chance to hear the Gospel?"

Quite frankly, I had the same issue when I was younger.

We don't know everything, but we do know that God loves all men and wants them to come to Him.

You know what? Believing in God means that I trust Him. If I don't trust Him, I can't follow Him. Trusting Him means that I believe God will do the right thing. In fact, that's part of His nature, and without that characteristic, we aren't talking about the same god.

Now that I'm older, I do have an answer.

You can ask God when you get there, but He's going to ask you a question first. 

He isn't going to ask you about "the man on the mountaintop." He has that covered.

When you are standing face to face with God, there is only one thing He is concerned with: You.

You heard the gospel. You have knowledge of who Jesus is.

Do you know His Son?

That's the question.

You know that bit about the log in your eye? Take it out so you can see better to help your neighbor with the splinter.

Jesus made that pretty clear in one of his final discussions with Peter.

Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. John 21:22 King James Version (KJV)

It will be down to you and Jesus.

God won't ask you about other people.

He'll ask about you and your heart.

How will that conversation go? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles