Special from My Darling Daughter

I found this in my archives. It's now a guest post by Elizabeth Bernhardt.
Darling Daughter, this was the best Father's Day gift ever! 
I love you! Dear Old Dad.


Dear Dad,
For all those times that you have…

Taken the time to talk to me
Shown me a book that was really great
Encouraged me in areas I felt I was bad at
Given me an honest assessment of myself
Stayed up all night to help me with that science project
Put things into perspective
Consoled me after a crushing loss
Given me drawings and stories
Done something so funny I had to laugh
Showed me that grownups are human too
Played a game with me
Cooked dinner for me
Given me drawing lessons
Given me writing lessons/critique
Flipped me into the pool
Let me pound on your Back
Corrected me after I did wrong
Praised me after I did right
JUST BEEN A DAD…

Because, after all, aren’t those the things that really matter? 
Thank you, not for being a father, because anyone can be a father. Thank you for being…

A DAD!

Love, Your Daughter,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles