A Funny Incident

The Youngest went with us to lunch the other day.

As we were leaving, I held the door open for a cute little girl, probably about three or four years old. I continued to hold it open for the girl's mother and grandmother. They thanked me.

An elderly gentleman followed in their wake, using a cane to walk slowly to the door. Of course, I held the door open for him also.

He looked into my eyes just before he passed through the doorway.

"Thanks," he said. "Us old guys need to stick together."

I stumbled over my reply, something like "You're absolutely right."

The Youngest grinned widely, chuckling.

Really, do I look that old? 

I mean, I know I'm getting up there, but ...

These are the stories that make life fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles