Financial Thought - Perhaps a Warning


I notice that many of my favorite financial institutions are reducing the cost of trades, some even making trades free for now.

Though I love to save money, I wonder - why are they doing this?

Just as a guess, I think it is because the markets want more investors, and this is a good way to lure people into owning more stocks.

It's no secret that I have a low regard for most Financial Newsletters. They prey on cautious and well-meaning people by warning of the coming financial apocalypse.

Buy their Newsletters to avoid the imminent tragedy and collapse of Western civilization just by paying them a small fee.

I exaggerate, of course. Or possibly I simplify.

Do you see the dichotomy? One group shouts warning, the other implies that now is the time to dive into the market.

A crisis is coming, but will it be this month? This year? At some point the disaster pundits will be able to say they warned us.

Personally, I think there is never a good time to jump into the stock markets.

In the stock market collapse of 1929, the market eventually lost 90% of its value. Decades of investment income were destroyed in days.

It took 25 years to recover.

I don't know about you, but I don't have 25 years left in me. I sure don't want my money struggling to recover for that amount of time.

I think it isn't time to invest in the stock market. The people that made the most money in the 1929 crash had the cash to buy when stock prices were down to 10% of their market value.

Get out of debt. Stay out of debt.

Keep some cash. Buy some gold and silver. Invest in yourself and your family. Give to those worse off than you are.

Thanks for reading and God bless you.

Comments

  1. ‘Keep some cash. Buy some gold and silver. Invest in yourself and your family. Give to those worse off than you are.’
    Extremely wise words ����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles