Bye Bye Birdie

Quarantine Movie Memos

Bye Bye Birdie (1995)


Sure, Elvis went into the Army, but Hollywood couldn't make a movie about that.

They did.

Then they did a remake in 1995.

1995 remake


Random Thoughts:

Reminds us of Grease (from 1978), but that makes sense considering the era.

Who knew Jason Alexander could sing and (sort of) dance?

I was delighted to see George Wendt in a show (he's Norm in Cheers.)

Darling and I simultaneously looked at each other and exploded in laughter when they broke into song over "Ed Sullivan."

Tyne Daly as Albert's mother is amazing. She's the best part of this movie, in my opinion. Sadly, that isn't saying much.

"What has she got, besides looks and brains and talent?" That made me laugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles