Moving Back

 

Moving is a nightmare, no matter how little you have. When you have a lot, it is a exponentially worse.

Moving to Michigan, we brought two trucks of furniture and items. Things I thought we'd just keep with us in our final home. Let the kids worry about having a garage sale after we die.

Yet plans change.

Moving back to Texas we're doing it differently. I got rid of almost all my books. That broke my heart, but at least my good friend John managed to keep my large collection of Studies of the Future books together in a single library. (Thanks, John!)

We've sold almost all our furniture, and given much of it away. We've given away (literally) pickup trucks full of items. We've boxed and packed and boxed some more.

Our new local hero neighbor Sarah managed to sell a number of items for us.

I sold or gave away a lot of my newly acquired tools. If it snows in the next two weeks I'm in trouble.

We have two bedrooms that need to go with us. We have rooms full of boxes.

On the sixteenth of August the Two Men and a Truck movers will show up and fit it all in a twenty-six foot truck. I hope.

Otherwise, I don't know what we'll do...

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles