Proper Perspective



Interesting point that our Pastor made Sunday. Anxiety is caused because we feel that God will not work out our issues THE WAY WE WANT HIM TO.

That's hubris, I suppose. I need to get a proper alignment with God in my life.

Humble yourself before God

I have to remember that there is a God and I'm not him, as the line in Rudy goes.

Have a proper view of God

I must believe that God loves me and remember that God is all-powerful.

Release your concerns to God

There's a story that illustrates this. A little boy takes his broken toy to a toymaker. "Can you fix it Mister?" he asks. "It's my favorite toy." "I sure can, my Lad." So the boy stands there and waits and the toymaker looks back at him. "Well," says the boy, "are you going to fix it?" The toymaker smiles. "My Lad, in order for me to fix your toy, you must let go of it."

A few years ago, our youngest daughter had a crisis at work. Her job seemed at risk. "God," I prayed, "take care of this. Let her keep her job." Wow, was I short-sighted. God gave her a new title and a raise instead of job termination. Leave it to God to do wondrously more than we can think.

There's a great story in the Old Testament that defines this kind of faith. You've heard it before. Rack, Shack and Bennie refused to kneel and worship the king's statue when ordered to do so.

Daniel 3:16-18 (KJV) Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

The king, of course is furious and throws them into a furnace. After a bit he sees them walking around inside the fire with a fourth being and calls them out and their "bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them." (verse 28)

Yeah, didn't see that one coming either.

Currently my diagnosis is terminal. When Death comes for me I will travel with him from this life to the next. That's a certainty.

For yet a little while I must retain a proper perspective of God. Then I will see His glory.

How great is that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles