Fallout 76 Shakedown


It's brutal out there.

I'm still talking about Fallout 76. Still playing it. The multiplayer doesn't seem to be an issue as most players don't bother you. I set my character to pacifist (mentioned in my last post), so I can no longer inadvertently shoot someone. Flying bullets abound.

The multiplayer gives the game a different feel. I'll wander into an area and hear gunshots and explosions. In previous incarnations of the game, you learned where everyone was, rarely encountering random beings. Now, every live person is a random being, changing the environment in ways that NPCs just could not.

We (TRex and I) were teamed and got caught in an Event. Super mutants were calling us names and hurting us. Out of nowhere a level 40-something player in full Power Armor (and a nice Power Armor skin) waded into the fray and saved us. He gave me great weapons that I can't use (I am too low level) and disappeared into the sunset.

Multiplayer is better than I thought it would be. I like it. I didn't think I would, but I like it.

The base building leaves much to be desired, though.

Some thoughts. You'll need aluminum to build workbenches. Higher level weapons use aluminum, so make your workbenches early. I still cannot craft mine.

You are severely limited in the size of your base. I built a small fort with walls around the structure. I ran out of base cost and couldn't build the garden I wanted (and needed to make starches, to make adhesive).

The best base I've seen was a two room shack with a well-laid garden and lots of plants - and guns.

Keep your base defended. Build guns. I don't know how we'll be able to afford the higher-level defense guns with this small cost limit.

Your cache fills up fast. Four hundred pounds seems like a lot, but it isn't. You can help yourself by using the materials to make your base. At least then you'll have room for your gear.

The perk system for your character still seems awkward. I scrapped my first character because I made bad choices with my cards. TRex suggested I just not spec myself until I leveled up to ten, so I had more choices for my skills.

The game is a winner, though I think the base building needs work and some quests are still buggy.

Go ahead and play. Look for Grey Wylf - that's me, and I'll be out there.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles