Cancer, The Battle Begins


Darling is heartbroken, and there is nothing I can say to give her comfort.

I understand. During her treatment for breast cancer in 2012, I was at wit's end. I barely recall that year.

To think of living in this world without her brings me to the edge of despair. I think that's where she is, and I can do nothing about it.

She has begun to gather a village about her, which she will need if my cancer worsens. In her case, since we moved to Michigan nineteen months ago, her people are a virtual and multi-location village, though none (right now) are local. She activated prayer requests from (literally) around the world. I know, regardless of what happens with me, these prayers will provide her the support she needs when she needs it.

She does better some days than others. This morning she awoke with a song on her heart, and that gives her comfort. "Great is thy faithfulness" indeed.

For my part, death holds little fear. Does that sound trite?

Pain, however, I fear a great deal. I also do not wish to become a tiresome burden on my loved ones, most especially Darling. She remains my unending source of comfort, strength and support.

And she buys the groceries...

So the latest report from the panel of doctors concluded with no treatment until I complete a biopsy and my bone scan.

They diagnosed me with T3N1Mx disease.

I have cancer. The fight begins.

Join me if you wish. 

Thanks for reading.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles