Medical Responses


This one will be a little long, because there's a lot of information. Heads-up.

So eventually I did receive responses from my Medical team. 

My surgeon for the TURP procedure later this week sent the following:

First, Hello. Sorry we have to meet like this. But I can promise we are going to take great care of you And you will be asleep for the entire operation. 

-----------------------

1. I'm running a low grade fever probably due to a kidney stone. Those are new for me, but I'm catching on to the lower back pain and pain migration. Is this an issue?  

NO, you do NOT have kidney stones. I reviewed your Ct scan and your prostate is large but no kidney stones. It is probably from the tumor that is giving you back pain. As the hormone treatments start to work that should improve in the next 6 weeks or so. I would take tylenol for now. 

2. Something might be off with my left testicle. There's a small mass that I don't recall before. What do we do about that?

I can exam you the morning of the operation. Until then I can not same much about it for now. 

3. I've not much appetite lately. I know I'm not supposed to take vitamins before surgery, but what about drinking something like Ensure? Will that be a problem?

You can take vitamins but just normal doses. Do not take more than 100- 200 percent of daily recommended doses. And Ensure is fine to take as well. 

We will talk in person soon. Rest till then. 

So I don't have kidney stones? That bit took be by surprise because the lower back pain seems like what happened before I surprisingly passed my first kidney stones a few weeks ago. So it if isn't kidney stones, it's from the tumor in my lower back? Not encouraging, but information is information.

I was fairly confident he couldn't do anything about my left testicle until he saw me. I mean, they are doctors, but not Doctor Strange. Right? Still, now he knows and that was the point.

My very sweet soon-to-be daughter-in-law sent me some drinks that are called Kate Farms. Chocolate-flavored. They taste great, even when I don't feel like eating anything, which is getting more common. I just needed to make sure I could use them.

The key take-away from the entire message, for me, was in the first line of the response:

"And you will be asleep for the entire operation."

That's what I needed to hear. I'd like to just stay asleep until this is all over...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles