Chemo Cancellation

 



I had a biopsy of my liver yesterday. Not a horrible procedure, but I suppose there is always some trauma to your body when someone sticks a ten inch needle into you. I’m still tired today.

I was supposed to have my second chemo session this morning, but after a conversation with my Doctor, we plan to change things up a bit.

The side effects from my chemo were more severe than he anticipated. This, even after he reduced the drug potency, knowing I have low tolerance.

There is also the point of diminishing returns. Doctor said to me that the chemo would only add months to my life expectancy. Well, I replied, if it takes months of chemo and chemo-related misery to add months of less misery, then what’s the point?

He replied “That’s fair.”

After talking about the side effects of the first session he said to me “If you were my brother, I’d not want you to keep doing this.” I thought about how nice a response that is.

He really is a great guy, as well as a good Doctor. We’ll upgrade him to ‘great’ doctor if he can cure this cancer, right? Just kidding, Doc, just kidding.

So we might progress with a weekly dosage that is significantly less. He is also going to arrange for a genetic test to see if I qualify for an immunotherapy treatment.

We aren’t giving up, just going a new direction. 

I’m glad there’s no chemo today.

I just wish we’d decided this BEFORE I lost my hair!

Thanks for reading, and God bless all of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles