Side-effects


I think I'm starting to lose my hair, which is too bad. I have great hair. Even my brother Barry says so.

Many of the other side-effects of the Chemo beset me as well.

Literature mentions mouth sores, but I wasn't sure what to expect on that front. I found out. It's like I was too quick to take a bite of hot pizza all over the roof of my mouth and partly down my throat.

So, not to be too obvious, but it feels the same way on the other side of that gastrointestinal tract. You figure it out. I've gone full circle, I think. Thank you, Desitin.

Yeah, you probably didn't want to hear that one.

I have the leg pains. Some days I feel like someone kicked me in the crotch five minutes ago - except it feels like that all day.

Like today.

Other than that, I feel better today. So ... yeah!


I spend a lot of time complaining about the side effects, but I don't think I want to do that for this post. There are other side-effects to talk about.

The blessings.

I sat with Darling in the waiting room to get the Chemo and the room was packed full. There are a lot of people needing cancer treatments. Many of them were ALONE. I cannot imagine how hard that would be. I have Darling with me, and she is my biggest blessing through all this.

Through anything, really.

Michigan

I have a nice place to live and can sit in my living room and look at squirrels and birds out the window. Not as nice a view as it was from the gorgeous house in Michigan, but I know why I'm here in Texas and that's okay with me.

Financially, Darling and I are stable. That's a huge blessing for us. I look around at MD Anderson and know there are many here who are struggling to get by and get treatment.

I have faith in Jesus Christ, and know that when I finally close my eyes here on this Earth I will open eyes in Heaven and dwell there for eternity.

Why? Because I was good enough?

Not a chance. I spend a lot of time (too much, really) reviewing my choices when I was younger and regret many of my stupid actions and things I said. I wasn't a bad person, but I wasn't one who cared either.

I'd like to think I had a bit of ADHD and just wasn't AWARE of people.

That's no excuse.

I don't deserve an eternity in Heaven, but I don't have to deserve it. Eternity with Jesus is a GIFT, a gift I freely accept and weep for the price that my Lord paid on my behalf.

So, to paraphrase the Apostle Paul, to live is all well and good, but to to die is gain.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I'm counting on it.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles