A Pound of Flesh

 

So this post will be brief.

The first doctor on my team said "We aren't even sure you have cancer" though we already had my >100 PSA, my enlarged prostate and a CT scan showing metastasis. The other two doctors were not so brutal, but it seems they concur. Each check box must be checked as we progress.

It's taking a long time to check the boxes.

The biopsy went smoothly. They didn't knock me out, but they gave me something to relax. To me, it seemed the procedure took only a few minutes. To poor Darling, not wrapped in my soothing time warp, the process took three-quarters of an hour.

Whatever they used, I recovered quickly and we were home before noon, where I slept for a few hours.

I have a massive headache, but there it is. Darling is exhausted.

Tomorrow, my friends, will be worse.

The TURP (more commonly known as a roto-rooter procedure) is more complex. We'll leave the house at 0430 to arrive at 0530. The procedure starts at 0730 and should last a few hours, so I'll be in recovery by 1030. I don't know how much time I will need in post-op before they release us. I guess it varies by complications and results. If all goes well, we should be home tomorrow night.

If not, I might need an overnight stay. 

Then six weeks of recovery from the surgery. The TURP will resolve the symptom of not allowing me to pee well.

Then we'll talk about treatment, because the doctors will have their tissue samples, from both the biopsy and the surgery.

We might have some disagreement about treatment. I haven't been idle these last few months and there is a lot of information out there.

Not all of it good.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles