Ongoing Oncology

 

So let's get up to date.

Darling go the medicine situation ironed out. DrC indeed submitted the prescription, neglecting to tell us it was at the pharmacy conveniently located in his private partnership. After finding another Dr, DrC transferred the prescription to our preferred pharmacy - you know, the one they had my put into the five page set of forms you fill out to be treated by their partnership. Our pharmacy said they couldn't fill it because it was filled at the private partnership. Had them cancel that one, resubmit it and - oh, wait - our pharmacy doesn't stock the medicine required. 

Okay, another local pharmacy does have it, as long as we can get generic...

Upshot, I took the first pill last night.

We're moving forward with changing to a local oncologist. In the meantime, my favorite urologist had a twenty minute chat with the both of us concerning this treatment. The pills will block the receptors of the cancer cells and then next Wednesday or Thursday I will get a shot which will cause systemic shock throughout the cancer cells in my body.

That's what I heard. I also heard that I won't actually be feeling less pain until after the shot, at which point I will also start to experience many of the side effects of the treatment.

So we're moving forward.

Thanks for reading.

BTW - moving plans are also moving forward and that is more painful than the cancer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles