TURP plus four weeks

I suppose my readers (both of you) might be wondering my status.

Four weeks after the surgery my insides seem to have settled down. It only hurts once in a while when I go to the bathroom, which is a tremendous improvement. I experience greater urgency than I once did, but that's a known side effect of the surgery. I still have some occasional flashes of pain, but that's hard to quantify.

I can pee so much better, though.

I wonder how guys in the past managed to muddle through. Without surgery would I have been doomed to a slow trickle of relief? Imagine being a mountain man back in the 1800s or something and having to stand under a tree for fifteen minutes or more trying to empty your bladder. I bet there were some bears and cougars that found a good meal or two that way.

How about the hormone therapy?

Yeah, I don't know. It seems that most of the time the pain in my bones is less than it was. Overall, my pain level is down.

Aside from that, I don't feel like I am improving. My fatigue level is through the roof. I expend little effort and become exhausted. I become so tired in the middle of the day that I just go lie down and take a nap.

My strength is gone as well. Yes, I should probably exercise and try to build my strength back up, but did I mention the fatigue?

I hate that.

How's the moving going?

Yeah, moving sucks, no matter how good you are at it. The people in the neighborhood are fabulous. They come over and help Darling to wrap and pack and the emotional support from their help is overwhelming. Thank God for people with such tremendous hearts, willing to take time from their days and give assistance with no thought of return. And provide meals. And help sell things we don't want.

Thank God for the husbands that just mutter and shake their heads when their wives come home with another trinket that Darling insists on giving them.

So packing, moving, selling, buying... There are still a lot of items on the list of To-Do's.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles