TURP Talk

 

Ouch.

Just ouch.

For sensitive people, you should skip some posts. I don't know how many.

Here's the brochure information:

Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) is a surgery used to treat urinary problems that are caused by an enlarged prostate. TURP typically relieves symptoms quickly. Most men experience a significantly stronger urine flow within a few days. Follow-up treatment to ease symptoms is sometimes needed, particularly after several years have passed.

The surgery went well for me, technically. I think I lost it a little when it was all over and my bladder and butt were yelling at me to "EVACUATE!" 

That was supposed to be a little funny but it probably wasn't.

With a catheter, you don't worry about going pee. It all moves on its own through a plastic tube into a plastic container. 

The poo problem was a little more real.

The hospital kept me overnight since I bled a lot. Maybe because of disorientation, too.

Hardest night ever, except I didn't have to pee. I felt like Tony Stark at his birthday party when he said "A lot of people ask me how I pee in the suit...like that."

Except it hurt.

After awakening every five minutes all night long and into the morning, I was still pretty miserable. Early in the morning the surgeon's assistant took a look at the catheter bag and said it looked good and I probably didn't need the catheter to go home.

I was delighted.

I was probably wrong. I'll get to that.

My brother picked me up when they released me. It took about thirty-five minutes to get me home, and I wasn't sure I was going to make it through the last ten.

We made it home and I peed. Blood.

Expected. Peeing hurt.

So for my day after surgery I was peeing bloody urine. Every 15-30 minutes.

Time to go to bed and prepare for my second day after TURP.

You might want to skip that one, too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles