TURP Recovery - Three weeks after

 

Recovery from the TURP surgery is ongoing. Most of the pain is gone. The symptoms that forced the surgery are relieved (pun intended).

Still, there are times I feel the soreness, so if you are three weeks after the surgery, don't be too surprised. Sometimes I sit down at the wrong angle and I feel a deep pain within my lower body. That's to be expected. We had some serious plumbing work done, after all.

I am now allowed to lift more than ten pounds. Fabulous. I no longer need to sit around the house and feel utterly useless as we continue to prepare for the move back to Texas. However, I still find that my stamina is drained quickly.

I don't think that is because of surgery, but a by-product of the cancer.

The ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) is now in full swing, right? I don't know if I can tell. For three days after the Lupron (?) shot I hurt. I mean, down to the bone, inside the body aching pain type of hurt. That pain disappeared. I still feel pain in my muscles and bones, but it isn't like it was.

Thankfully. 'Cuz the pain in my bones was wreaking havoc on my sleep.

Overall, I'm doing better.

In the world of moving, we have discovered fabulous neighbors here in our community. Rosi worked hard with Darling, along with Liz and Lana to pack up the kitchen. Fast and efficient, we now have boxes piled and ready to ship. 

Nancy made us a wonderful meal. I don't believe I have lost any weight in over a week! How wonderful. In addition, this lovely woman has pitched in and helped Darling pack paintings and sort through dozens (literally) of boxes we have in storage. My word, what energy she has. Oh, and she made a pie, which disappeared in one day.

Sarah and Eric came by and brought supplies. They even stopped at the pharmacy and picked up my prescription. Sarah also sold our couch and love seat on FB Marketplace for us.

My brother Barry took all the seats out of his van and we hauled a load off to Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity's store in Greenville. Lots of heavy stuff like books and tools.

Jarud and his lovely wife Nicole came by with their son Vlad and helped organize and remove tons of stuff.

Thanks to all these amazing people we are getting the household ready to move.

We couldn't do it without them. It is bittersweet to finally spend time with neighbors on the cusp of our departure.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles