TURP Recovery

 

Day three of recovery is much improved. I'm still in pain, which I hate, but I have a new pain routine. My favorite doctor prescribed a codeine pain pill for this entire after-surgery bit, so I take one at 9AM and another at 9PM. That's half as often as I'm allowed, but it does give me more than an hour of continuous sleep.

Treasured, blessed, lengthy sleep.

Still, through the night, I'm getting up almost every hour. At this point it might be more habit than necessity.

Or they reshaped my bladder to be the size of a walnut.

Day four of recovery is remarkably similar. I'm tired, trying to heal, I suppose. I still have a hard time sleeping for long intervals, but I managed about ninety minutes at one stretch. That was right after the Narco at 9PM.

Peeing still hurts, like ground glass twisting inside me. I hate it, but it seems less intense now.

The pain meds cause constipation, which makes it uncomfortable to sit for long periods of time. Of course, the TURP makes it uncomfortable too.

Day five I slept for over two hours during the night, right after 9PM. Fabulous. For just a moment - a moment - I felt good. I peed - no blood. I crawled back into bed and then the up and down routine each hour for the rest of the night. Still...progress!

Bottom line: Eat lots of fiber and/or take fiber pills (I like the gummies). Take your stool softener. Get used to painful urination; it eases up eventually, but the first few days after surgery are definitely the worst. Get as much sleep as you can, as often as you can. Naps are your friend.

Love your wife. Work on staying positive. I know that's hard, but that's another post (or more).

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles