Shot

 

We've sold our beautiful, once-forever home and will be on the road to a new house in Texas within the month. My heart breaks that we must do this. I wanted years here. What I did get was two winters, two springs, almost two summers and one fall. Figures. Autumn is my favorite time of year here in Michigan.

Still, I'll try to be thankful for what I did have. Too bad Covid hit when we got here. We have not been able to get to know the wonderful people here at the Lake. Just now, we're seeing how fabulous they are. Three ladies from the neighborhood are helping Darling pack up and one lovely lady brought us dinner.

Pork chops, potatoes and salad. Oh, my.

So this morning I received the shot that goes with my new oncology medicine. I don't know if this is the treatment that MD Anderson will concur with, but it's what we have right now.

The PA gave me a shot in my belly fat. He said it would hurt. He told the absolute truth. It still hurts, hours later.

MD Anderson accepted me as a patient. They requested all the local records as well as the tissue sample. The doctors at MDA will review the tissue samples themselves. If insurance doesn't cover that cost, I have to do so.

That's okay. I think a couple more thousand will put me at my yearly limit.

My TURP surgery cost close to twenty grand. There's something wrong with medicine in this country.

But I guess it's the medicine we have.

Just like my shot today.

I don't feel well at all. The next month or so will be interesting. I don't look forward to the drive back to Houston. Darling needs her family and friends.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles